Hands-on time 1½hr, plus cooling and chilling. Cooking time about 2¼hr. Serves 18-20
For the white chocolate cake:
- 250g (9oz) unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 125g (4oz) white chocolate, chopped
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 5 medium eggs, beaten
- 225g (8oz) self-raising flour
For the dark chocolate cake:
- 250g (9oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 100g (3½oz) dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 50g (2oz) cocoa powder
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 5 medium eggs, beaten.
Please continue to Next Page (>) for the full list of ingredients and complete cooking instructions.