1. To start with, grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans lightly.
2. In a wide bowl with a medium-speed electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for no less 4 minutes, or until very creamy.
3. You’ll want to add the flavoring of the eggs, vanilla, and coconut, beating well to blend.
4. Then you’re going to get a small medium-size dish and stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Apply the buttermilk and flour mixture to the butter mixture at this stage. With an electric mixer at moderate speed, beat until thoroughly blended and smooth, scraping down the sides as needed, it takes around 3 minutes
6. And please pour batter in the prepared pots. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for round cakes for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Once done, completely cool and frost it with my 7 minutes frosting without fail.
8. Directly after frosting, sprinkle with the shredded sweetened coconut and press the coconut into the sides.
9. Finally, you may want to keep it covered for up to 2 days at room temp or for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.