- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin (use your favorite onion – Vidalia is great, sweet onion or white). I like to mix in a little red onion for color, I also love the taste.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (use less or more to your liking)
- salt and pepper to taste
- toss in fresh tomatoes (use your favorite – cherry, plum, fresh from the garden)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried dill or 3 teaspoons fresh dill weed
- English cucumbers are great for this salad
Place sliced cucumbers and onions (tomatoes if you are using them) in a medium size bowl.
In a separate medium size bowl (or large 4 cup measuring cup), mix vinegar, water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Pour over veggies. If adding dill, toss in dill and mix well. Cover and place in fridge for two to three hours before serving. Serve chilled. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!