MEXICAN ORANGE POLVORONES
150g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Oven at 350F
bake for about 7 minutes or until they are golden brown
1. Beat lard until cream, add yolks one at a time, then baking soda, add icing sugar, then orange zest, and at the end add alternating between flour and orange juice.
2. If the dough is too dry add 1 egg white
3. Roll the dough and cut the cookies
4. The cookies are baked in oven pans previously buttered and “floured”
5. As soon as they come out of the oven put them in regular sugar and coat
PS. Don´t “overwork” too much the dough because the cookies will get hard.