- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 6 large green peppers
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1 box chicken and garlic Rice A Roni
- 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- Cut tops from green peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop enough of the tops to make 1/4 cup and set aside.
- Cook the whole green peppers, uncovered, in boiling water for 5 minutes; invert to drain well.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion and 1/4 cup chopped green pepper til meat is browned and vegetables are tender. Drain off excess fat.
- Cook Rice a Roni according to package directions.
- Mix together cooked rice, ground beef mixture and drained diced tomatoes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese (or more if you like.
- Spoon beef mixture into the green peppers. Place in a baking dish and bake, covered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with more cheese, if desired.