- Cake dummies or cakes – I used 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch cakes all 4 inches tall – here is my chocolate cake!
- Fondant – black, white, yellow, red and blue – I like satin ice
- Fondant mat
- fondant rolling pin
- Fondant smoothers
- sharp knife
- brush and fondant glue
- extruder https://amzn.to/2KIDKt9
- Start by baking any cakes you’ll need
- let them cool and frost them with some ganache.
- Cover the cake dummies and cake with fondant – white for Matilda, Black for Bomb, Yellow for Chuck, Red for Red and Blue for the Blues.
- roll out the thick background colors, light yellow for Matilda’s under eyes, grey for bomb, red for the blues, dark read for Red – hand cut the circles and lay them on
- then color some yellow fondant with a touch of red fondant to make it just a little darker and cut out all the beaks
- roll out some white and cut out all the eyes
- roll out some black fondant and cut out the pupils
- mix some black fondant with some shortening and extrude out thin fondant ropes and
- attach the rope around all the eyes and beaks
- add the eyebrows – back for matilda and red, red for bomb and chuck!